Unfortunately, we missed the mid-month update for January 2019, as I was traveling. To catch you up on the mission, here’s the original mission statement:
This month, surprisingly, we got reports on problems with repeater networks. Luke had a pitcher landed on him and a Kriza immobilized, and Piotr had a hacker killed through his own repeater as he was doing other things. A good reminder not to rest on our laurels, lest we crash and burn.Our enemies are watching and learning, so stay vigilant. Good Hunting, Bromads.
This month’s winner of a blister of their choice is Luke! –WiseKensai
I played a game last night against OSS. I was planning on using my new fast pandas and pitchers to great effect only to have the exact same tools thrown against me. I think I learnt something though lol.
Basically I had my kriza prone on a staircase watching a walkway to slow down his link team. I thought it was pretty tidy placement until he long ranged a pitcher to within 8″ of the poor man and immobilized him.
in future I think I will have to place a killer hacker pretty close to him to stop this kind of sneaky move. It was a very effective way of taking care of my hammer.
Also during this game my opponent moved his daikini link team up to a wall where my Pi-well was hiding behind. This allowed my zoe and interventor an ARO to isolate and immobilize two of the tak bots.
Sadly the link had already caused too much havoc and I had nothing left to make any difference to the game. no specialists means no buttons punched 🙁
onward to the next game
- Mission: Frostbyte
- Forces: Tunguska versus MAF
- First Turn: Tunguska
Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
HOLLOW MEN Missile Launcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 35)
HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
HOLLOW MEN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
HOLLOW MEN (Specialist Operative) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
SPEKTR (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
10 | 5.5 SWC | 300 Points | Open in Infinity Army
- lots of switchable link teams
- potential core of hungries
- potential core of vanguards and suryat
- haris of MSV2 yaogat
Top of 1 – Tunguska
- pitch a repeater over to the enemy deployment zone to catch the suryat and hack him with mary problems. this allowed me to move the zond over and activate a heating unit.
- Moved the zond around and it into sup fire covering the board edge.
- had the link do some jumping around blasting the HI suryat making him unconscious.
Bottom of 1 – MAF
- lots of orders spent smoking the board out to realise my link team have 6th Sense lvl 2. when he tried using the smoke trick.
- destroyed my pitched repeater
Top of 2 – Tunguska
- pitch another repeater to catch the HI and links hacker inside its ZOC.
- reveal the spekter and move him up to be in button hitting range.
- hack the enemy hacker with my interventor and then hack the HI again.
- set up some AROs
- kill a random dude who turned out to be the morat LT.
Bottom of 2 – MAF
- loss of LT matters not when everyone is a veteran of multiple paradiso campaigns. not a lot happened no one died no buttons pushed.
- a large migration of the datat tracker yaogat.
Top of 3 – Tunguska
- one major mistake. not to go and murder everyone. instead moved a load of stuff up to get good aros on the yaogat harris about to burst out of the building
Bottom of 3 – MAF
- player puts smoke down in the doorway and gets zapped in aro.
- the haris with data tracker then runs out into the smoke. next order puts a random member of the link out of the smoke. Im forced to aro kill him before he moves the data tracker into the exclusion zone. such a sneaky trick.
- Use white noise!
more order efficient hacking and hiding repeaters better.
- Just kill the data tracker.
- super jump can be negative for other players some times.
- sometimes you can have too many hackers
- don’t just assume total cover for your data tracker.
- pink: spektre
- lilac dot: heckler just chilling
- red line: stempler zond
- orange blob: pitched repeater 1&2
- yellow line: yaogat link taking the long way around for the final dash to take the game 5 to 4.
sorry my report is so sporadic I’m not a good writer lol. sadly i didn’t get to use the heckler fast panda and all the hackable units were in one spot.
sooo I’ve been playing around with Repeaters as Bakunin player for some time now. Whenever I have spare 0.5 SWC and 1 point i tend to exchange regular Moderator for a Pitcher wielding one.
One of the best times I’ve made use of such Moderator was doing it randomly. I have a free order that I know I won’t use this turn. There’s a Moderator not linked with a Pitcher (she was meant to fill a Fireteam in case of one member’s death) and enemy Camo Marker with Jaguar nearby in their DZ. Soooo I took a shot with a Pitcher to put the Repeater in front of a rock on which those two were standing. AND IT WAS A SUCCESS. It was my first turn and my opponent had hard time because he ignored it with McMurrough and when he starded fighting nearby I turned on White Noise with my HD+ Custodier near his Camo Marker. And, boy, did my opponent struggle to move around it. His HMG Intruder was took out of the fight for quite some time and he wasted his orders. So a great tool for cockblocks.
As for the one I have documented. It’s the same game I mention in Hunting Andromeda. (Editor’s Note: Hunting Andromeda Report under review by Nomad Command…) Due to heavy losses already in 2nd turn while losing Highly Classified quite much I gave a try to my Tsyklon Spitfire putting up a Repeater near enemy HVT to do one of the Classified Objective that wanted me to Spotlight enemy HVT (HVT: Designation?). Buuut being a noob sometimes, especially when I’m losing, I forgot there’s an enemy Hacker nearby (in a link team in the middle of the table) aaaand my Repeater from Tsyklon landed too close to him. So when I activated my Hacker I got my brain blasted. You’ve got to be super careful with those things…
Best Regards from Poland,