René Lara of WarGarage.org and I are happy to announce the 2021 Quarter 4 painting contest! This competition is worldwide! Tell your friends!
The 2021 Quarter 4 Theme, chosen by someone coming up with the idea in a Discord chat late one evening is:
If you like these dioramas you can check out the links below. Thanks to Christian and Avendigo for getting these links for me!
We’re not monsters–you only need to paint one new model. Everything else in the diorama can be stuff you’ve already finished. That said, if you want to go crazy and do something completely new, go for it!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to make your miniature unplayable. Staging a scene on some terrain with other models is totally fine. The important thing is that diorama tell a fun (or funny) story!
Unlike last month’s conversion contest where we were only judging you on your paint job, we will be looking at the entire diorama this time!
- Start a new model, please don’t share it on social media till the end of the quarter! That said, once I post all the entries, you are free to share your hard work!
- The new model must be from the Corvus Belli miniature range, and fit the contest theme. Other aspects of the diorama may be from any miniature range.
- Take a picture of the model before you start (primed or starting to be base coated is fine, just not finished).
- Send up to 4 photos of the fully painted diorama (not including the start photo) to [email protected] and [email protected].
- Please number those photos like this: <your ITS name>_01.jpg, e.g. wisekensai_01.jpg, wisekensai_02.jpg, etc.
If you’d like some advice on how to take good photos of your minis, check out this excellent (and easy to follow) guide:
We’ll be accepting submissions until the end of 2021Q4, e.g. December 31, 2021. If you come out on top after being evaluated by our panel of distinguished judges, you’ll get the following prizes!
A blister of your choice from Mythic Games!
A custom commission of an Infinity-related STL file for 3d printing, courtesy of Monstrous Makings! Something like a weapon, head swap, that sort of thing.
If there are enough submissions I’ll do a random drawing to win a blister shipped to your door by the mothership herself, Corvus Belli!
If you’d prefer a Bromad Academy patch instead of a blister, we can mail that to you instead! You only get one or the other though. Winners will be selected by wheelofnames.com, because it’s AWESOME.
That’s it! Happy painting, everyone!