Mission 055: HI Ho, Solo!
Alright, given the (lack of) submission recently, I’ve decided to give everyone a break (including myself). I’m going to be changing from a monthly mission cadence to a quarterly one. Given that we’re a month in to 2023Q2, I’ll just make this mission a 2 month one.
This is a blame Adam situation, where he came up with this idea! Basically the idea was that there are lots of useful “link filler” HI options lurking in the Army builder that rarely see play (even in links). To encourage their use, Adam suggested a mission where you take a solo, non-character heavy infantry that costs no more than 1 SWC. That means no links, etc.
The spirit is to do stuff like take the Riot Grrl Specialist Operative or something, although you can certainly take a Swiss Guard hacker. I’ve found personally that solo HI, even combi-armed ones, are quite useful. Here’s some examples:
Riot Grrls can kill bears, for example:
The Mk12 Kriza is a good DZ clearance tool as well:
Or even just pushing a flank with a Brigada:
Not Solo, but an ORC with climbing plus is pretty good as well:
Give it a shot! Let us know how it went!
- Make a list with a solo non-character Heavy Infantry model, no more than 0.5 SWC.
- Play a game with your list!
- Write in with your experience for the chance to win fabulous prizes!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I don’t play Nomads, can I still submit? — Yes! All factions are welcome!
- Can I submit from <X> country? — Yes! We take submissions from anywhere in the world, and will ship prizes anywhere you can get mail!
- Are TableTop Simulator games valid? — Yes! Stay safe out there!
How to Submit
- Let us know how you did by writing in to [email protected]!
- We’re accepting submissions until the last day of June, 2023!
- If you’re going to write a battle report, please use the battle report template below, and share it with [email protected].
- If you don’t want to write a battle report, that’s okay. Some prose capturing your thoughts and experiences is also acceptable!
If you share the Google doc with me, that saves me TONS of time handling the images. If you can, please avoid sending me a MS Word or LibreOffice file, and just click the “share” button in Google Docs. Sending me a file will get you caught by my spam filter!
As a thank you for participating, you’ll be entered to win a blister of your choice, shipped to your door by Shiv Games!
If you’d prefer a Bromad Academy patch, we can mail that to you instead! You only get one or the other though.
Winners will be selected by wheelofnames.com, because it’s AWESOME…
And that’s it! Good hunting, and stay safe out there!