N4 has changed Airborne Deployment in both obvious and subtle ways. The first of course is the change to Parachutist from having to choose table region to being able to come in anywhere on the table (except the opposing deployment zone). The removal of dispersion with Combat Jump is also a great update as well as there is much less penalty to being aggressive with the landing position.
With the overall reduced order pools though, thanks to Tactical Window being the default, there’s a little more risk to landing a troop as it may not be relevant in your deployment zone.
I’d be really interested to hear from anyone running a single combat group list with AD, if that’s a challenge you want to undertake!
- Design a list with at least one unit with Parachutist or Combat Jump.
- Play a game of N4, using that list and using Airborne Deployment!
- Write in with your thoughts on the changes! This last one is key, we really want to know what you think of the changes!
- Let us know how you did by writing in to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We’re accepting submissions until the last day of November, 2020!
- If you’re going to write a battle report, please use the battle report template below, and share it with email@example.com.
If you share the Google doc with me, that saves me TONS of time handling the images. If you can, please avoid sending me a MS Word or LibreOffice file, and just click the “share” button in Google Docs.
As a thank you for participating, you’ll be entered to win a blister of your choice, shipped to your door by Mythic Games!
If you’d prefer a Bromad Academy patch, we can mail that to you instead! You only get one or the other though. Winners will be selected by wheelofnames.com, because it’s AWESOME.
And that’s it! Good hunting, Bromads! Stay safe out there!