René Lara of WarGarage.org and I are happy to announce the 2021 Quarter 3 painting contest! This competition is worldwide! Tell your friends!
The 2021 Quarter 3 Theme, chosen by someone coming up with the idea in a Discord chat late one evening is:
We’re certainly not going to ask you to scratch build a Nomad missile launcher from brass tube and greenstuff, although if you want to you’re welcome to! Any amount of conversion, ranging from small additions to gun/arm swaps to full blown resculpts is acceptable! If you’re unsure if it’s “enough” of a conversion, it should be noticeable after painting to someone reasonably familiar with the original model.
- Start a new model, please don’t share it on social media till the end of the quarter! That said, once I post all the entries, you are free to share your hard work! If you want to share your unpainted conversion, please feel free to do so, however.
- Models must be from the Corvus Belli miniature range, and fit the contest theme.
- Take a picture of the model before you start (primed or starting to be base coated is fine, just not finished). This is when you get to show off the details of your conversion!
- Send up to 4 photos of the fully painted model (not including the start photo) to [email protected] and [email protected].
- Only ONE model. If you want to show off your model with its buddies, i.e. with a fireteam or something, you can send one additional photo that won’t be judged but will be posted.
- Please number those photos like this: <your ITS name>_01.jpg, e.g. wisekensai_01.jpg, wisekensai_02.jpg, etc.
If you’d like some advice on how to take good photos of your minis, check out this excellent (and easy to follow) guide:
We’ll be accepting submissions until the end of 2021Q3, e.g. September 30, 2021. If you come out on top after being evaluated by our panel of distinguished judges, you’ll get the following prizes!
A blister of your choice from Mythic Games!
A custom commission of an Infinity-related STL file for 3d printing, courtesy of Monstrous Makings! Something like a weapon, head swap, that sort of thing.
If there are enough submissions I’ll do a random drawing to win a blister shipped to your door by the mothership herself, Corvus Belli!
If you’d prefer a Bromad Academy patch instead of a blister, we can mail that to you instead! You only get one or the other though. Winners will be selected by wheelofnames.com, because it’s AWESOME.
That’s it! Happy painting, everyone!