Jhokalups – Field Operation Action Report – 4
Jhokalups Field Operation Action Report 4:
StarCo v USArianda Ranger Force
300 ITS 10 : Supplies
This week our group elected to do some ITS 10 practice for the November event. It’s a limited insertion event, and my opponent this week was Sprocketgx and a pretty obnoxious USArianda Ranger list.
LI USA Rangers
LI USA Rangers
StarCo LI Tin Var
StarCo LI Tinbot Var
WIP Roll Winner – StarCo
First Activation – StarCo
First Deploy – StarCo
For my deployment there was a little bit of hiccup. I tried putting the Doc+Grrls link out and ready to go to either my left objective or the center. I was advised this was a bad idea, so they lined up along a nice wall with the missle launcher (ML) profile sticking out. Tinbot Profile was the link leader. Uhahu sat prone on top of a wall to provide some white noise support. The brigada was hidden out of the way and my bandit camo marker was in cover near the left object. My reserve Hawwa hacker went to my right objective.
USARF had the Marauder link way up the field, forward deployment level 2 and a 12 inch deployment zone is scary. His two MSV profiles, the Sniper and heavy rocket launcher were set out to ARO. Blackjack tool a prime sniper spot on the opposite corner of the deployment zone. The devil dog hid behind the Blackjack’s building. Rosie got eyes on the right hand objective and the unknown ranger found an interesting building to look at.
Top of 1 – StarCo
I had a few goals this turn, I wanted to clear the overwatch snipers, take out what specialists I could and maybe snag some boxes. Project one was the Blackjack, I had my ML Grrl become the link leader, pop up and take two shots at the blackjack. One shit went through, and the blackjack took a wound and then went prone. Project two was the HRL Marauder and his Sniper buddy. I had the Grrls go again, using Spitfire as my link leader, she poked out just enough to get eyes on the HRL profile and took a shot, 5 successes, all canceled by the Marauder. The Grrl passed her armor check. I tried again, 4 successes this time, all canceled by the Marauder, this time the Grrl turns into an ash pile… I need to find a way to clear the sniper to have my bandit get her box… I decide instead to have Hawwa sneak around his tech coffin and take a shot at Rosie. It’s a nice shot, but rosie makes her saves and elects to keep eyes on the Hawwa.
My next thought was, ok Spector time, what can we have you do? I spent a lot of time looking at where to put him, eventually deciding on the back board edge of the USARF deployment zone. Uhahu hacked his deployment systems to help the landing and he stuck it. Spector then walked the narrow line to blast the Unknown Ranger off the table.
With that I passed turn.
Bottom of 1 – USARF
The USARF commander had a few goals this turn, tie up Spector and get the supply boxes. The devil dog won the smoke roll against Spector and basically nullified him. Rosie then gunned down my Hawwa. The link team moved up to attempt to grab the box, I had my bandit break cover and shoot at the sniper. The paramedic laid a flamethrower on the bandit. The sniper lived while my bandit went down in flames. Without any LOF the Marauder Paramedic snagged a supply box. Van Zant dropped in to try and get the drop on the riot Grrls, they survived the attempt. USARF passed turn.
At this point it was very late so we called the game. I turn into a pumpkin for three says if I stay out too late.
Based on having a box, more boxes, me having no boxes, and secure the HVT…
Final Score: 7 – 0 USARF Victory
- Sometimes dice just don’t go your way. I thought it was a good plan shooting at the HRL Marauder with my Spitfire, 5 dice needing 16s vs 2 needing 15s. The dice didn’t want it.
- AD troops are hard to use. This was my first time trying Raoul Spector, it almost felt like he could do too much. And I felt I didn’t use him effectively.
- I misused my Bandit and the Hawwa. I could have grabbed the boxes with them and used Uhahu’s white noise to cover their retreat.
- I should trust my instincts, I had a choice of ARO against the paramedic or the Sniper. Had I hit the paramedic it could have broken the link and then deny specialists to USARF. With the unknown ranger down, taking out the paramedic would have left the USARF with Rosie as a specialist and no good way to open a box without taking fire.
- I need to remember my link team bonuses, my Riot Grrl that dodged against Van Zant could have shot back at him thanks to Sixth Sense level 2. Two ML shots against Van Zant might have taken him out.
- Medium infantry with FD level 1 are scary in limited insertion. USARF had a heavy rocket launcher 4 inches from the midline. And my plan for dealing with him was problematic.
- Riot Grrls have stun grenades, I might have been able to Speculative fire one into the HRL.
- The specialist Riot Grrl was carrying a blitzen. I don’t remember the exact distance they were apart, but the Blitzen into Blackjack would probably have been a similar modifier to the ML, and left the blackjack on a roof and not providing orders.
- The bigger table is different from from the Recon+ table.